The City of Toronto has mailed its 2017 final property tax bills. All property owners should have received their bills by June 15. The final property tax bills are the second of two regular tax bills that are mailed each year.
Payment due dates for the final tax bills under the regular three-installment plan are July 4, August 1 and September 1, 2017. There are several ways to pay a property tax bill including:
· At banks or financial institutions through internet banking, telephone banking, automatic teller or in person. If paying tax bills by automatic teller, telephone or internet banking, customers should pay early to ensure their payment reaches the City on time.
· By cheque using the business reply envelope included with the final tax bill.
· In person at the inquiry and cashier counters at Toronto City Hall or any civic centre from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Extended hours of 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. will be offered on weekdays from Thursday, June 29 to Tuesday, July 4 (excluding the statutory holiday on July 3).
· Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.
· East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
· Etobicoke Civic Centre, 399 The West Mall
· North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St.
· Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr.
· York Civic Centre, 2700 Eglinton Ave. W.
The Pre-Authorized Tax Payment (PTP) Program allows residents to pay their taxes in two, six or 11 pre-authorized, automatic instalments. Residents can enrol in this program at any time if their taxes are in good standing. Applications for the PTP program are available at http://www.toronto.ca/propertytax.
The following final tax due dates apply to customers who enrolled in the PTP program by June 9, 2017:
· two-instalment plan: July 4
· six-instalment plan: July 4, August 1 and September 1
· 11-instalment plan: July 17, August 15, September 15, October 16, November 15, December 15
Property Tax Inquiries
For general information on property tax bills, customers can call the 311 - Tax & Utility Inquiry Line. Customers within city limits can call 311 to speak with a customer service representative from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. Customers outside of city limits can call 416-392-CITY (2489). TTY users can call 416-392-0719. Customers should have their tax account number available when calling.
Property Tax Account Lookup
Customers can view their property tax account details online using the Property Tax Account Lookup self-service tool available at http://www.toronto.ca/revenueservices.
Property owners who recently purchased a property and who pay their property taxes through the PTP program or their bank/financial institution must change their account information with the City or their financial institution to avoid incurring fees resulting from misdirected payments.
Electronic Billing by epostTM
Residents can sign up at epost.ca to receive their property tax bills through epostTM, the digital mailbox from Canada Post.
More information about property tax bills is available at http://www.oronto.ca/propertytax.