The City contractor's work on Lake Shore Boulevard West continues. In order to safely remove and replace the track allowance on a section of the street, the intersection of Lake Shore Blvd West at Brookers Lane will be partially closed for track replacement.
Weather permitting this work will take place from 9 a.m. Friday, November 17 to 6 a.m. Monday, November 20, 2017.
Work hours - includes overnight
Track work in the intersection will be completed on a continuous 24-hour basis. Working around-the-clock is a necessity in order to complete the intersection on schedule and re-open it to traffic as soon as possible. The loudest work involving breaking of concrete will not extend past 11 p.m. Other related work such as; grading, formwork, concrete pouring/curing and new rail installation/assembly will be conducted as required and as work progresses.
Due to track replacement at the intersection, traffic will only be able to turn west onto Lake Shore Boulevard from the Gardiner ramp. TTC buses will not run on Marine Parade Drive during the weekend track replacement work.
- Regular 501/301 Queen buses will be maintained on Lake Shore Boulevard.
- 501M Queen buses will operate a clockwise service linking The Queensway with Lake Shore Boulevard and Park Lawn Road.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on Lake Shore Boulevard West will be maintained in the curb lanes through the intersection.
- Northbound traffic on Brookers Lane can only turn right and will be required to make a U turn to access the eastbound Gardiner ramp.
- Traffic coming off the westbound ramp can only turn right and will be required to make a U turn at the next lights to access Brookers Lane.
- Eastbound traffic on Lake Shore cannot make a left turn to access the Gardiner ramp and will be required to make a U turn at the next traffic lights.
For further information:
City Project Manager: Shahid Virk, 416-338-5542, email@example.com.
TTC Community Liaison during track work: Diego Sinagoga, 416-393-2197, firstname.lastname@example.org.